Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Carried by You



I found myself being swept out into a huge ocean of love. A billowing wave carried me out of the storm and right into the eye of it. 
The world felt as if it were crumbling around me, everything I once knew was yesterday's news and there was no more solid ground. 
But He swept in, at the most perfect moment, this Spirit of The Lord, and carried me out 
into the waters, 
into the deep, 
into the heart of my God. 

When I was at my weakest point, 
He became my strength. 
When I knew not the words to pray, 
He spoke for me. 
When I thought I was unlovable, 
He loved me most.  
When everyone had turned their back on me, 
He was there. 
When I felt alone and helpless, 
He was my comforter. 
When I knew not which way to turn, 
He guided me.
When the darkness had overtaken me, He came as the light. 
He came as a dove. 
He came as a gift. 
He came as a gentleman. 

When our Messiah left us, 
He did not forsake us, 
He left His Spirit with us,
For times such as this. 
To know Him,
To understand Him,
To love Him,
In a way which is naturally impossible. 

In a world of condemnation 
where the Spirit of The Lord is, 
there is freedom. 
In a world built on lies and deceit, 
He is our Spirit of Truth. 

This is heaven on earth, 
Knowing God, 
Through His Son 
By His Spirit. 

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:26-27

God's Spirit was given to us as a gift after His Son left this earth. 
God's Spirit was given to us as a guide leading us ever so closer to the very heart of God. 

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." 
He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you." John 16:13-14 NIV

Jesus is our High priest, 
our intercessor, 
He is our doorway to the Heavenly Father. 
When He gave up His life on Earth, He did not leave us void, rather He empowered us, all who would receive, 
the gift, the baptism, of the Holy Spirit. 

"All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, 'The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.'" John 16:15 NLT

When we pray in the Spirit we may not know that which we are praying for, but the Spirit knows.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God."(Romans 8:26, 27 NIV)

When we worship God, we need His Spirit.  He does not want us to honor Him with our lips. He wants us to honor Him with our hearts, our spirit. 

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." John 4:24

When we are baptized in the Spirit we can see the power of God manifested in every situation.

"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” (Mark 16:17, 18 NIV)

Why long for heaven when we can experience it right here on earth?!

"But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down) "or"
'Who will descend into the deep?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 
But what does it say? 
"The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: (Romans 10:6-8 NIV)

It's time to stop wishing and start living. 

My prayer for 2014:
Lord, give them ears to hear and eyes to see that which the Spirit of The Lord is saying to us, your Church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment