Friday, July 26, 2013

Worth the wait

Faith expects the best.
Fear expects the worst. 
Faith and fear are magnets. 
Faith is a magnet that draws provision. 
Fear is a magnet that draws lack. 

For the thing which I greatly fear comes upon me, and that of which I am afraid befalls me. (Job 3:25 AMP)

"Worth the wait" was a phrase people used to say, you know back in the good 'ol days. 
This phrase instilled in me a deep desire for anticipation. It just seemed if the wait wasn't great enough to create anticipation then it likely wasn't going to be worth it. 
But that's far from the Truth now. 
We have moved into a completely different mindset. We have become a microwave society. 
If the gratification isn't instant, then we don't want to waste our time WAITING. 

Why is that? 
What is it about waiting that has become difficult for us? 
Judging from my experience, I have found, waiting makes me feel vulnerable. 
I feel helpless, sometimes even stupid. I don't feel the love of anticipation like I felt in my innocence. 
I believe it's because I think I am in more control of my situation now than I was then. 
But control is the spirit's enemy. 
When I seek to be in control, I, subconsciously, begin to expect the worst. This is because I have now moved from a place of faith to fear. 
Me. Me. Me. 
The desire for control comes from our ego. Ego and fear are best friends. That is what drives ego. 

Then fear says, "Go for it or buy it or just hurry up and do it!" 
"If you don't, someone else will."
"the healing isn't going to come, you need to see a doctor!"

Fear is pressure. Pressure distracts us.. From everything we need: patience, endurance, submitting our will, letting God lead, letting God provide or letting God heal. 
The mind says focus on the pressure. 

But, The Spirit says focus on the plan. 

The two can't go together. Just like fear and faith can't go together. 

So we defeat ego and choose to wait, but now our mind makes the "what if" list.
What if it doesn't happen? 
What if this is wasted time?
What if I miss my opportunity? 
What if I was wrong to wait? 
Or how bout this one? What if it isn't God's will? 
What if? What if? 

Fear will win everytime, if it isn't stopped in time.
Fear must be stopped. It is relentless and will never stop without our interference. 

Scream! Shout! Sing! Just do it loudly!! This weird exercise will break the monotonous roll of fearful thoughts. 
Once the pattern is broken then we can begin replacing the Fear with Faith. 

"Faith comes through hearing and hearing by the Word of God." Romans 10:17

Faith comes when we believe Truth over circumstances. It comes when we take our eyes off the natural and put them on the supernatural. 
If God said it, then He'll do it. 
"He's not a man that He should lie." Numbers 23:19

The more we focus on His Truths, the more we realize His abounding, limitless love for us. And with this revelation, we win. Love trumps fear!

"There is NO fear in love, for perfect love casts out fear because fear has torment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love!" 1 John 4:18

Don't fear the wait, use the wait to be perfected in love.
Learn to wait. 
Love the wait! 
Don't expect the worst.
Expect the best!
This is the way of heaven on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment